Tanjareen began taking acting classes in elementary school, which led to her performing in several local stage plays. Lil TanJ continued to do theatre throughout Jr high and high school, but she promised her parents she'd get a college degree before she seriously pursued her dream. After earning her BA in TV/Film, Miss Martin was hired from her internship at Paramount Pictures. Working there behind the scenes created job offers for her in front of the camera, yet it also caused scheduling conflicts. So after a few seasons she resigned from her studio position. Since then, she's been on numerous TV shows, music videos, feature films, & national commercials. Plus she's also a film producer, radio personality, & a boxer!
Her television credits include: Family Time, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Days of Our Lives, Strong Medicine, Howard Stern, The Steve Harvey Show, and City Guys. But Martin is best known for her roles in the films: Johnson Family Vacation as Tangerine, Love For Sale, and Miss March. She has also been in several national commercials, music videos, and she co-hosts a weekly radio show.
- She was escorted to her junior high school prom by film director, Rick Famuyiwa.
- Crowned Homecoming Queen at California State University Northridge.
- While in college, she pledged Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
- From 2003-2006, she was a member of "The Vegan Vixens", a female modeling troupe of animal-rights activists.
- Earned her S.A.G. card by modeling 5 bikinis on an episode of The Leeza Gibbons Show.
- She earned her Bachelor's of Arts Degree in TV/Film Production & Management from California State University Northridge.
- In junior high school, she performed at an Inglewood playhouse opposite other neighborhood kids like future film director F. Gary Gray & future film star Monica Calhoun.
- The acting bug bit Tanjareen at the age of 6, when she portrayed a Gingerbread Man in her school's production of "Hansel & Gretal".
- She was hired at Paramount Pictures after an internship there.
Season 1 Edit
To Be Added